Care Net issued the following press release on the anniversary of Roe v. Wade:
LANSDOWNE, VA – On the 37th anniversary of the Roe v. Wade decision, Care Net President Melinda Delahoyde said the pro-life pregnancy center movement is flourishing and contributing to the growing culture of life across the nation. Yet, because of the movement’s effectiveness, abortion advocacy groups are mounting an increasing number of attacks in state and local governments across the country, she said. “The compassionate outreach of pregnancy centers is infectious and our movement is growing,” Delahoyde said. “Yet these numerous attacks on pregnancy centers call for a new level of support and partnership to defend their critical work.”
Delahoyde provided the following actions items for supporting the pregnancy center movement:
- Become a positive force for change by joining the Inspire Life campaign. Download and share new Inspire Life PSAs by Grammy-award winner Rebecca St. James.
- Help tell the amazing story of pregnancy centers with local legislators, city and county council members, the media, on your blog, and elsewhere. Download and share the new national report on their work, “A Passion to Serve, A Vision for Life.”
- Contact a local pregnancy center and ask how you can help to advocate for their work. Find your local center at www.optionline.org and click on “Find a Center.”
- Track the work of groups like NARAL and Feminist Majority Foundation in your state. Learn about their legislative attacks on pregnancy centers in Virginia, Washington (also see SB 6452), Maryland, and other states. Contact your representatives in these states to defend pregnancy centers.
- Pray that the good work of pregnancy centers, the beauty of all human life, and the importance of compassionate outreach to women facing unplanned pregnancies would be communicated clearly throughout our nation.
Tune in online to the Blogs4life.com annual conference on January 22nd at 8:30 am ET to hear Care Net’s Kristin Hansen speak about the nationwide attacks on pregnancy centers and how you can help!